How can we help you?
- We take care of the application procedures for the Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence (CESR) at the Japanese Immigration Bureau, and forward it to the applicant once it has been issued. The CESR is a necessary certificate that the applicant needs to apply for a visa for Japan.
- We provide information and assistance for those applying for a permission to extend period of stay and a permission to change status of residence.
- We assist various kinds of visa procedures during the stay in Japan.
- We provide various housing information for international students and scholars to assist them to find accommodation before and after their arrival in Japan.
- We consolidate, summarize update and introduce housing information:
- Osaka University Dormitories (operated by Facilities Management, Housing Division)
- Other Dormitories (operated by various support organizations)
- Private Apartments and other housings
- Orientation for newcomers is held with IRIS (Information Room for International Student) in Spring and Autumn. This orientation is for international students and scholars and their families.
- We provide information regarding National Health Insurance, opening one’s bank account and other information about living in Japan.
- Handbooks for International Students and Scholars
- Coming to Osaka
- Living in Osaka
- Childcare Support Guide
- Housing Support Guide etc.
- Handbook for Osaka University Staff in Accepting International Students and Scholars