4-4. Change of Status of Residence

To change the status of residence that is currently authorized, the person must apply for permission at their regional immigration office. Note that not all applications will be approved. After you submit the application form to the immigration office, a notice is sent to the applicant in about 2 weeks. After you receive the notice, you visit the Regional Immigration Office with the notice, passport and 4,000 yen as fee. Then a new residence card with the new status of residence is issued.


Required Documents:

4-3. Extending Period of Stay « » 4-5. Invite the family members
« Back to Index

Support Office

Suita Campus:
1-1 Yamadaoka Suita Osaka 565-0871 Japan
(Visa Procedures)
  Tel: +81-(0)6-6879-4750
  Tel: +81-(0)6-6105-6966

INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS: Osaka University - Global 30

Osaka University

The information on this site is subject to change without notice.
Osaka University accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience resulting from use of the information contained on this site.